Love Yourself First – It’s The Greatest Gift You Can Give Yourself!
“When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs and habits – anything that kept me small. My judgement called it disloyal. Now I see it as self-loving.”
— Kim McMillen
It’s The Greatest Gift You Can Give
When it comes to love… and holidays (especially Christmas and Valentine’s Day), we sometimes feel lonely if we don’t have some one in our lives to celebrate these special holidays. Celebrating the holidays with some one special, gives us a sense of warmth and love. Have you ever felt like something was missing? I did… The feeling of loneliness comes from the absence of the person who you shared some of the happiest times in your life. If you’re not careful, you may even decide to give an old flame a call (who clearly wasn’t the right one for you), only to fill that empty space.
Here’s 8 Steps to “Love Yourself First”
– and avoid those old flame calls (the regrettable “booty call”):
- Start a Journal. Write about your day:
- Write about something that you struggled with or a wonderful experience you had.
- Let your mind wander. You may discover hidden answers to your questions.
- Set time aside each week for self-care. Treat yourself to a Spa Day and a box of Godiva chocolates (yum….my favorite).
- Buy some lavender and tuck it under your pillow at night. You’ll be amazed how relaxed you’ll feel.
- Remind yourself breathe! Just one cleansing, mindful breath, each day, can transform your present space of being.
- Practice positive thinking. Fake it ’till you make it. Seeing the glass half-full can be contagious.
- Reach out to a friend. This includes a friend you’ve yet to meet. Try to find one new person to say hello to every day – in person. Save the e-mails for after you’ve made an authentic connection. It will make your heart happy.
- Create a morning ritual. Whether it’s a cup of tea or a morning walk, find one simple thing you can do every morning that centers you for the day.
- Cook a Nourishing Meal and Taste your food. Slow yourself down and engage in your meal. We often choose to eat a food because it tastes good yet, we are rarely thoughtful enough to experience and savor each bite. PS: 1-2 pieces of Godiva Dark Chocolates can make a world of a difference… 😊
Now is the time to spice things up!
- Are you clear about what you really want in life?
- Have the steps you’ve taken move you closer to your dreams?
For a limited time – and for a limited number of people – I’m offering a free 15-minute Discovery Session. Take the next step to define what you really want in your life? Set clear goals. Establish a definitive plan to make some significant changes in your life. Live your life on PURPOSE!
Connect with other Phenomenal Women like yourself and Join our Phenomenal Woman LIVE Circle – Facebook Group! Click here to join.