“Love Yourself First” – It’s The Greatest Gift You Can Give.
“When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs and habits – anything that kept me small. My judgement called it disloyal. Now I see it as self-loving.”
— Kim McMillen
When it comes to love… and holidays and especially Valentine’s Day, we sometimes feel lonely if we don’t have a man in our lives to celebrate these special holidays. Have you ever felt like something was missing? I did… The feeling of loneliness comes from the absence of the person who you felt completed you. Or you may even decide to give an old flame a call (who clearly wasn’t the right man for you), only to fill that empty space.
Here’s 8 Steps to “Love Yourself First” – avoid those old flame calls (the regrettable “booty call”):
- Start a Journal. Write about your day: (1) something that you struggled with or (2) a wonderful experience you had. Let your mind wander. You may discover hidden answers to your questions.
- Set time aside each week for self-care. Treat yourself to a Spa Day and a box of Godiva chocolates (yum….my favorite).
- Buy some lavender and tuck it under your pillow at night. You’ll be amazed how relaxed you’ll feel.
- Remind yourself breathe! Just one cleansing, mindful breath, each day, can transform your present space of being.
- Practice positive thinking. Fake it ’till you make it. Seeing the glass half-full can be contagious.
- Reach out to a friend. This includes a friend you’ve yet to meet. Try to find one new person to say hello to every day – in person. Save the e-mails for after you’ve made an authentic connection. It will make your heart happy.
- Create a morning ritual. Whether it’s a cup of tea or a morning walk, find one simple thing you can do every morning that centers you for the day.
- Cook a Nourishing Meal and Taste your food. Slow yourself down and engage in your meal. We often choose to eat a food because it tastes good yet, we are rarely thoughtful enough to experience and savor each bite. PS: 1-2 pieces of Godiva Dark Chocolates can make a world of a difference… 😊
Now is the time to get clarity on your goals, establish a definitive plan and make this your year to live your life on PURPOSE! Take the next step to define what you really want in your life?
For a limited time – and for a limited number of people – I’m offering a free 15-minute Strategy Session.